This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Monday, August 18, 2008

This is me lately!


Feeling like I am seeing things only in fragments. Sometimes life seems so difficult because we can only see things in fragments. Feels like God is not taking care of us/me. But then I tell myself someday I will see things in full and everything will be clear!!! I know deep in my heart God is in controll of everything, even the sad issues will be made joyfull.
I had the strangest experience yesterday. A red bird was all wonky on my driveway chirping up a storm. Hopping all around like he had gone mad. I think something must have happened to his wife. Each night he would call her at days end and they would fly off to bed together. This was mid day though, and not his usual behavoir at all. I went outside and watched him for a while then he saw me and flew off.
On my jog I found a partridge feather and decided it was beautiful so I thought if I kept my eyes on the ground I might find more , but nay! When I reached the edge of my own property on return there he was my sweet but very dead little red bird.
I am not sure if maybe he was ill but I highly suspect he was misserable because something happened to his life mate. She was no where to be seen. I think he may have flown into a car or died from sorrow. I put him in my freezer because I simply cannot part with his beauty yet. I know this is weird but I am hoping to taxydermy him or at least take any salvageable parts and make a work of art out of him. He has given me so much spiritual joy. I am grateful I was honored to see and be a part of this last song and dance of the Red Bird.

6 comments:

Debby said...

Oh my gosh Sanna, this is beautiful. Truly touched me. You most certainly have a way with words.

Debby said...

Sanna Sweet Sanna! I have something on my blog for you!

purplepaint said...

Sanna - oh how sad! Was it a Cardinal?

quiltcrazygal said...

Sanna - Love your blog and the bird story touched me also. I am always looking into the little things around me. I have missed the group and excited to see your blog. I will link you to mine. God Bless you and thanks for being such a kind on-line friend to everyone! Cheers, Jenna Louise

Mary said...

Sanna, what a lovely story about the red bird. I am sure whatever you do with him in art will be as true as your feelings for him and his lost love mate.

Mary Wilkins

Anonymous said...

Sanna I always tell people in the two groups I am in, to help themselves to my art work within the group, that includes if I send you anything. After all the RAKS are to inspire us to reach higher. I think your collage is beautiful but I must say, I am really prejudice, I love your painted post card and can hardly wait to get it. So enjoy. Gerry

Blog Archive