This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I did it I did it! I caught the elusive orange butterfly!


That's right Garrett and I went on a picnic today and I caught one. A perfect specimen on my first try. This was very exciting for both of us as the entire family has been trying all summer to catch him! Finally at the end of September it happens! I know I am a monster for wanting to use a live creature in my art but sometimes the sacrifices must be made! I will be very careful how I go about applying it to my canvas!
Ok now here's my collage canvas I have colored in my circles and added some brown distressed edging and added my Eastern Bluebird. I will be adding some more painting and then hopefully some embellishments. More to come later!

2 comments:

Melinda Cornish said...

this is going to be cool and look at all that blue! who woulda guessed....I have been working all I can at the fabric store...Stacie goes back to school on Monday and then the store closes on the 4rth of October then nothing.....just grateful for the work right now! Melinda

Anonymous said...

Sanna,

You seem to be into the blue and orange with this piece as well! Have that in your mind, don't you.

Really looking good.

Mary Wilkins

Blog Archive