This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Final Tim project post for tonight.

This was my favorite project. We made three domino pins and a frame to place them in for display! The frame was a simple cardboarded piece surrounded by a metalic looking ornate frame which I dyed with alcohol inks. The inside piece taken out and then altered with song paper, distress inks and little bits. I didn't use all my bits because I loved the picture and words I found in the old papers instead. Then we sewed on a button loosely with wire to hang our charms.
The charms were dominos a bit thinner then average domino's. Nicer for jewellry and Mario once again drilled holes into the bottome. First we used alcohol inks to make pretty backgrounds on the dominoes,then we used Tim Holtz stamps great for atc's and jewellry. Then we heat set the stamped marks. Tim also provided mica chips to seal the dominoes and we adhered those with gel medium. Next wrapped em in foil tape which had been oxidized with this awesome one step patina. I ordered me some today because I couldn't find any i this area. It's a fairly new product called just Black Patina. I ordered it through the Absolutely Everything store where the fest was held. An amazing place and great people work there too. One I have traded ATC's with her name is Terrie and the boss whose name is Kate a real great bunch a gals!!!!
We glued the charms on with glassy accents and attatched the bottoms with jump rings and I learned a new trick. I never knew there was such a thing as a jump ring ring but man I love it and just bought two. They are only a dollar ninety nine and well worth the cost. My hands shake and what a time saver and jump ring saver these neat little inventions were. Thanks Tim for all the new info!!!
We placed these neat pins that have an option for a pendant attatched to them as well. Later I added some words to the front of my dominoes.














No comments:

Blog Archive