This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Posting my first Tim Holtz Project!

We started this project at the Tim Holtz Fest with an Ikea mirror. We used a gel medium to adhere some old sheet music then we ink distressed the edges up a bit! This was a fun project because we got to use his new plastic fragments over a sheet of classic Christmas empherema. We adhered the fragments with glossy accents which has a ten second set up time! Can't beat that eh? Tim gave us grunge board too and we used dabbers and painted them then we inked them up too! Really neat effects. Using a tiny water spray mister to spread the ink around letting the grunge print come through real clearly. Then we basically designed our comp off the cuff and set it all up. He gave us so many neat items to play with and this was the finished product. Mine anyways, they all looked really different we had about 55 women in this class. I think I may give mine as a house warming gift!





1 comment:

Eileen said...

I just love what you did at the Tim Holtz class. Everything turned out great. Sounds like you really had a fun time.

Eileen

Blog Archive