This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Something I made for my ArtChix artist or the month!

Sold!!!

I actually love how this one came out! Thanks so much to Helga one of my greates mentors! Man that woman can collage! I made this from inspiration from Helga too as she recently went to Paris, amsterdam too that lucky chic!



First I tried one of Helgas newest challenges of placing old reciepts all ove the surface of my canvas. Then I used some magazines I bought from collage stuff, with all kinds of styles and art Neaveau ladies dresses and face from like the 50's! They come through a bit on the finished piece too because I loved that look. So thatnks to Lisa Bush too and all her great shopping.
Next step I painted the entire piece lightly with white gesson and a light blue acrylic paint.
Then I arranged all my twinchies inchies a few odd shapes and my lazor cut eiffle tower. Bought that a while back now I wish I have more of them! Then my next step was griding it all off another of Helga's challenges. For this I also took Helgas favorite technique of using watercolor crayons. I used blues and red thus the title Rosa et Bleu. Finalizing the grid part with black water color pencil. I was lovong this piece with every step more and more and I was really praying to God it would come out well!
I then sprayed the entire piece with fixative and reworked any blurring with my crayons and pencil.
I added a few real 3 d antique buttons all around at different intervals mostly on the sides top and bottom, a few to intigrate the bopttom French ArtChix collage bit.
Finally I added some neat rubons with French letters and words! Isn't it neat! Don't know if I'll be able to part with this one even my family loves it!
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sanna,

Oh, I love the new piece! I like that you took two challenges and combined them into such stunning art work.

Keep up the great work!

Mary Wilkins

Anonymous said...

I love your grid Sanna. It's absolutely beautiful!

purplepaint said...

Oh this is awesome! I've been wanting to do some inchies so bad! Time to get busy! Marva

Melinda Cornish said...

this is amazing!!!!!hella beautiful girl!

Blog Archive