This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Been so busy haven't even had time to post, but here goes....

I made this heart for a friend named Belinda! Still have to finish my own page for this special little project. Sure hope Belinda likes it, she wanted something like in True Colors so I did True You and True me!


Here are some Frida Kahlo charms I made for a charm swap in Melissa's group. I like how they came out and I have two more sets to come yet. This first set is a cane and it came out so cooliuo but I did paint on it a little to bring them more to life. I have been reading all about Frida this week and I never read so believe me she's an interesting artist and one of my new favorite personalities too! Always liked her art though.


This next set is just some tiles I made with textured rubber and I added some Mexican type crosses to Frida them up even more. On the backs I glued burlap like coverings and trippled thicked over them.



I found thess absolutely perfect little Frida charms on Lisa's Collage Stuff one of my favorite places to shoppe.



These are all hand painted and beaded with felt as a backing and also tripple thicked as well. The front is just a satin finish. I used a generic face from a textured rubber and gave her a unibrow!



These are lady faces that reminded me of Frida I added these neat colorful beads to top em of with a Frida flare!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sanna,

Absolutely love your True You and True Me hearts that you did. How do you catch the darn dragonflies for their wings? And you as a mushroom? What a hoot!

Mary Wilkins

Melinda Cornish said...

the stuff you make always amazes me! Love the charms and the hearts...you didnt leave a comment on my quilt giveaway...sign into your blog, then come leave a comment on mine.....that should work....Melinda

paintnputter said...

Sanna,

Always love your art. You give such great ideas when my brain feels like it can't get started.
Thanks for the inspirations!

Ruth

quiltcrazygal said...

So lovely, your work is inspiring to me every time I see it:) I'm back, busy season is slowing and can't wait to chum with my blogging buddies again. Blessings to you Sanna! Jenna Louise

carylsrealm said...

I love love love your charms!

Blog Archive