This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I made this heart for Jackie McColl!

This is the front of the heart I made for Jackie. I have made five of them now and have found the key to the best heart is tons of layering. I like em interesting pretty and heavy in the hand.
Now for the back...



I added these adorable 3d toys with gobs of modelling paste. I painted the edges with a brown stain and the top with white acrylic and then some sepia stickles. The edges are done in lace I bought from Terrie at Lost Art Creations. I got most of the little toys from a miniature doll house store here in Bedford NH! ! Even a teeny weeny cuppie doll which they no longer will be making I got the last one! The drum and xylophone are made of wood as are some of the other tiny toys! The Santa background is from a candy wrapper Pam McKenzie sent some chocolate to me inside of,and the gold leaf paper is from the inside wrapper of that very candy bar. The choir girls are from an angel book I got at the still good shed at the dump. Then the tri angels are Artchix! I used rub on candy canes and simply embedded them deeper into the modelling paste to make them look 3d as well. The sticker gingerbread men add a real holiday twist.



Don't you all just love the choo choo going around the edges? Maybe I over did it a little with that train but I just couldn't help myself!



Here you can also see the three tags I made and added with gold threads and bells! It jingles! I sure hope Jackie like Christmas!



A close up of some of the tags.



They are better in person!



Here is the front side of Jackie's heart. I needle felted that snowman by hand and then added beads all around the edges to make it extra pretty. Behind the snowman are layers of antique doilies an old friend sent to me. If Jackie looks closely she can see roses in the snow. I also added layers of snow flakes with crystal lacquer and special fine snow glitter then topped it all off with clusters of beads.



Here he is closer...



Closer...



Further...






I am actually pleased with how it came out it's really better in hand too! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie is going to love that! You are such a creative soul!

Mary Wilkins

Dawn said...

absolutely fantastic, love, love, love what you created x

Barbara Hagerty said...

Fabulous heart! So very, very unique and created, and beautifully crafted!! So glad I was introduced to your blog!!

Barbara Hagerty said...

ooops...I meant to say unique and CREATIVE! But I think you get the point! It's wonderful!!

Veronica said...

Sanna, that is truly beautiful and the train makes the whole piece.
Veronica

Linda B. said...

Oh, my goodness did you sew on all those beads??? That alone would have taken my whole Christmas season! This is fantastic work - is the base fabric or cardboard?
Linda B.

Patti said...

you are lucky to have a friend like Georgina, to publicize your blog for you! and I am lucky too, because I got to visit! love, love, love the heart and the tags - what a fabulous creative project. come visit sometime1

Dolores said...

What a hoot! I love the little choo choo train.

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

A beautiful snowy scene that warms the heart :)) LOVE LOVE IT!

PeggyR said...

OMG you did a great job with the heart! I envy anyone who receives it! Peggy

purplepaint said...

Oh how cool!!! I love the train going around the edge!!!

Blog Archive