This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Friday, January 1, 2010

These ornaments are for a Valentine swap I am doing...


in a swap I am playing in held by my friend Barbara Burkard. It 14 ornaments and in return we get 14 back. So I made these and my son and husband said they were more like Halloween then Valentines day deco but what do they know> So maybe it's voodoo love? LOL
I started out with these brown and gold beaded napkin rings. I was going to use these pretty red and pink ones but they didn't have enough and I thought these would be cuter with red ribbons anyways. So I made these stuffed pillows for the middles one side is an ARTCHIX transfer and the other is a sewn on number 14. I also bought some pretty crystals hearts and diamond style I wired them together and attatched the wire to the loop at the bottom of the rings. I then made these polymer clay hands and smooched the crystal into them before they got baked in my melting pot. I made them slightly larger because clay shrinks a bit when cooked. Then after baked I glued them inside with E6000, Hope noone in the swap is sensitive to that glue. It really works well. After I did all that I tied ribbons galore, around the necks and a loop at the middle of top foir hanging and lots at the tips of some of the beads that are now Valentine gals hair braids. I signed the back and made little love hearts too with red and black velum pens. I love how they came out, hope all my swap partners do too!





















16 comments:

Anonymous said...

::waving at sanne-lette::
Hi, sweetie!
Dream

Cindy McMath said...

Sanna, these are fabulous! Voodoo love or not, I'm sure the other swappers will love them. You sure did a lot of work on them!

Cindy :)

barbara burkard said...

THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!!

susi said...

such detail (love the hands) - would've loved to receive (if only I had signed up)! Terrific!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

Oh My Sanna!! They are WONDERFUL!!! So glad I am in this swap and one will be MINE!!!!! YIPPIE!!!

Kelly Snelling_Soulhumming.typepad.com said...

they're fabulous, sanna! it's hard for me to make the same thing in large quantities. you really turned it on making 14! the people in the swap are going to love them.

Becca Holso said...

Congrats on winning Stampington's Creative Impulse weekly drawing!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, wish I had joined this swap. They are gorgeous. The colors and the image are fabulous.

I've been looking at your blog (partly in search of Bleubeard's twin) and found that (among others) lovely snowman heart with the train around the edge. All I have to say is: "How do I get on your Christmas list ?

Anonymous said...

Oh Sanna! They are so creative!
I absolutely adore them. You have been a very busy artiste!

Mary Wilkins

Andie (diAne) said...

wow, these are absolutely gorgeous. Very creative. Wish I were swapping!

Leslie Anderson said...

Oh my gosh are these CUTE!!

Artifice said...

I think your valentine ornaments are wonderful and so creative! I want one! I know you had fun and spent a lot of time on them.

Linda from Latest Trends

Melinda Cornish said...

oh my gosh!!!! I want one I want one I want one....pretty pretty please

saturn65 said...

WOW, awesome, Sanna!!!

Gena Rose said...

snurky95these are SO AWESOME!

purplepaint said...

Oh these are awesome!!!

Blog Archive