This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This Post Card is to help make people aware of hunger and to raise money for the US food Pantries.

It is part of the Penny Experiment:
http//www.pennyexperiment.com/category/penny-experiment/
When we think about our nation and all that we have should we not consider where it came from and how good the American Native treated us when we were hungry? Yet what do we do in response, we are often greedy and stingy, instead of helping the poor we judge them and cause them to be hungry in a nation where food rots in our silos.

Here's the response I got after my second try to contact Jeff. I was really glad because when I first emailed Jeff I had a list of numbers to chose from and my favorite choice wasn't on the list. I really wanted number one. So this was meant to be... The reason I chose Sitting Bull is because this art project is all about feeding the hungry and giving to the poor and saving pennies for others. I always love finding pennies and I adore penny art. I have a neat collection of penny atc's even!

Try to remember not to judge when you see a hungry or homeless person. Instead if you can help them. We help other nations all the time, it's time to help our own people as well.

9 comments:

Cynthia Powell said...

You couldn't have chosen a better man to create your amazing art around! Love it! :-D

Betsi ~"B" said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do. The card is awesome!!
Betsi

Melinda Cornish said...

I love how you incorporated the penny....coolness

aka: eye-poppers said...

Beautiful! Great way to show the penny.

Gena Rose said...

Very nice painting, I did a collage with sitting Bull in it and gave it to my Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Sanna! What a bold and wonderful way to show you care!

Mary Wilkins

Artifice said...

Wonderful painting! Thanks for sharing!

Linda-Lastest Trends

purplepaint said...

Hey Sanna! This is very cool! Love the Indian head penny! Marva

Susan said...

I was very happy to find this post,and good art piece as well..the native Americans are important to me, because that is part of my Heritage...not the Souix, but Cherokee.

But still important, and I am very proud of that...this is awesome!!!

Hugs,
Susan

Blog Archive