This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I am teaching a Steam Punk Class!

Yes I am teaching a class and what's more it's free and online! Starting May 15th, I will be teaching a class on how to make a Steam Punk Shadow Box and backdrop canvas! Basically some ins and outs I learned as I made mine. You can see my box here below. It was fun and very stimulating. If you want to take the class all you need are some old pictures of the industrial revolution. Bits of collage pieces you think might be of interest. Bobbles you might have found on your travels to the antique stores or even the dump! Some gesso, some e 6000 glue, paint brushes, tissue paper with victorian designs or basic black and white shapes. Old junk jewellry and I even used some dried flowers. I kept mine sepia and black and white but the sky is the limit! I also had some tiny metal frames, some krylon silver paint to spray on junk plastic pieces.
I will be teaching the class on the following group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLatestTrendsinMixedMediaArts/?yguid=210002635








4 comments:

Otter Blue said...

Very cool Sanna, I love it!

PeggyR said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Seriously Sanna, where are the clockworks? Here in Raleigh everyone does their steampunk with clock innards! I like yours better. Wish I could do art with you tomorrow, but no home 'puter!

Mary Wilkins

Melinda Cornish said...

I love the first postcard especially.....good for you on the class teaching...you and your students will have so much fun/....come visit my blog and see the trailer redo pictures that I have posted so far....have you seen the wedding pictures? they are on there too...
http://melindasfabricfancies.blogspot.com

Blog Archive