This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Here's a 6x8" quiltie I made for my friend Babs!



My friend Babs made me a beautiful glass bottle covered in pretty things like paper machine fibers a wonderful image and some charms. The top is so cool too with a cork and bobbles on top of that stick into the cork with a pretty pearlized stick pin. I LIKED IT SO MUCH WE ARE DOING A SWAP ON THE ARTCHIX SISTER SITE WITH THE SAME IDEAS.
Any ways in return for her bottle Babs requested a romantic type Victorian quiltie. So this is what she's getting. This was a Lost art Image of the month for the month of August I believe. Initially I was going to do a kissing couple but liked this much more. I used fabric from Joann's I thought was Victorian and romantic and bought some very pretty fibers to match. While I was at Walmart I was speaking with the sales lady and she showed me this fabric that you can pull apart and put laced ribbon through so I got some on sale. I have never done this before and it took some time but I threaded fibers that matched all through it tied it off at the ends and let the ends just stay as is but tied extra to that. I used some no fray on all the ribboon ends to be sure it should stay nice a long time for BABS!
I also used some Tap to transfer my image to some muslin. I painted some pretty daisies with pink centers to match one of my ribbons. I like the way they go together and bind this piece nicely. I also sewed these roses to the tops of them but they are not perfect. I figured out how to do It as I went along. The key is to sew from the outside to the inside and not visa versa. I sewed a pretty handle and on the back a picture of Jesus and his mom. With a little special memo! Hope Babs like this!

2 comments:

Therese said...

Love your little quilt!! They look like so much fun!!

Therese
www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sanna,

Absolutely lovely! So much detailed work. And all the colors are so soft and complement each other. Babs is going to love it!

Mary Wilkins
marymarg27608@yahoo.com

Blog Archive