This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Garretts Halloween Costume





I bought a black sweatshirt and cut the sides open. I made these felt bat wings and sewed them right into the seems. Then I also attatched the center orange belly. Garrett wanted some bat buttons and a bow tie so viola!
For the hat and ears I attatched them with stiffener and covered them with black felt as well. I sewed buttons into the ends of the meterial and nmade button holes in the back so I could make the hat a tight fit.
Today I added new pics including the orange ascot and the booties. He wont be wearing those to trick or treat but in the house he can. Got a great shot of him jumping it looks like he is flying! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sanna, Garrett is SO cute as a vampire bat! The costume is wonderful. I knew I was going to get to comment on it since I missed my chance in the e-mail earlier in the week.

Mary Wilkins
marymarg27608@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

New pics! I love the last one where Garret is flying! He looks like a little bat! Hope he gets lots and lots of candy!

Mary Wilkins
marymarg27608@yahoo.com

Blog Archive