This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A SAD MERMAID TALE...

This painting is a take off from my "Swimming in The Gulf" painting that I based on the oil spill and our reaction to the destruction of sea life. Again I am reacting. The baby dolphin have been dieing in record numbers and I adore dolphins so am saddened by this ending of the purest of sea life in the gulf. The scientists suspect that while the mother dolphins where pregnant they swam through the oils and it hurt the fetuses. So now the new born baby dolphins are dieing off and beaching themselves onshore to let the humans know what we have done. Hence my sad but true mermaid tale. She is crying because her favorite babies are not surviving. I added loads of texture and bright colors as there's hope still for the future if we will just take better care of our planet earth.




7 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I am loving this style for you, Very special and I can see your emotions in the art!!!

Arlene said...

Sanna - this painting is so poignant and beautiful! Fabulous job. I really love this one.

quiltcrazygaljennalouise said...

Sanna your art is so lovely and so meaningful, you are blessed. Stop over to my blog for a give-a-way:)

Pooja said...

Wow! Touching story and beautiful painting. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Sanna,

Oh, this is so beautiful. I love how you do paintings that have meaning to the planet. I hadn't heard the story about the mother dolphins, but it makes sense.

Mary Wilkins

An Artaholic @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Sanna... finally time to visit a few blogs. Your art is awesome, and I love the stories behind them.

AnaGirl Empath said...

*tears* This so resonates with me. :'( Poor struggling, dying dolphins all over the world. My heart breaks for them all.

Blog Archive