This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Friday, July 13, 2012

I think it's finished...

Native Angel WARNING: "In the future, who will ride your horse?"
   This piece started out as  ROUND ROBIN, but when it came ho,e to me although elements of it were nice it had no cohesiveness. I almost trashed it but after taking Flora Bowlys' class I decided to drip so paint onto it to see if I could improve upon what might be there. So I basically covered almost the entire canvas except for a few pretty floral vine. The tree was there but it was a Jolee's 3d type and Ac 2 metal bird charms stuck to it so I added a third and painted over it and saw the face and painted that. The wings then made sense and next thing I knew I had a story.
   There are some Art Chix collage piece there and some Victorian scrap from Collage Stuff! I knew it needed a horse rider and found this adorable Victorian boy I place him first without a glue down to see how it would go. Then I saw the story and knew what this piece was about... I bet your thinking I was going to say how the white men took over the Natives... Nope.
   See lately I am seeing so much negative new and a lot of change in the world and out country. People are afraid, people are always afraid of change. Change can be so scary we like what we have our home, cards, freedoms. The native loved what they had too, the ability to live off the land in peace. Like them all races and continents must change. The world must change. Every so often a government must change because power begins to alien unevenly even in wonderful societies and then things begin to fail until they finally collapse.
  Then we must rebuild,start over find new ways to meet basic and evolutionary needs of the human race. Not that I believe in evolution I do not, maybe revolution. People need  a few things in life to be happy and shelter, food, love and acceptance are some of the basics. An education helps as do clothes that make us feel like we are special and even fit in to other societal norms.
  Some people have these things in our society but many do not. Things need to change,people need to care about their brethren more then we have been. The politics need to wake up and see they are not meeting the peoples needs like they once did. They sure enough seem to be meeting their own.
  I don't know if Jesus is coming back in my lifetime but I sure know this..... there will be changes, and people will resist. People will fight, people will hoard, some will share.  Our horses are not our own anymore, will you make a difference? Will I?

No comments:

Blog Archive