This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Working on my fire sale table!


Close up of my rendition of "Starry Night"

I will be adding more layers as I go.
This piece was this weeks assignment from Life Book 2013. It's a little study on light Scale.
I bought this old table when an elderly neighbor lost his old home to a fire. When I drove by I saw everything had been burned or ruined by the water the firemen used to put out the fire. So I asked if there was anything I could have or purchase I might be able to use in my art. He asked me if  I wanted to just take this and I gave him ten dollars. It's a wonderfully made table very heavy wood of some sort. It was covered in soot and needed some work we sanded it and repainted it and now I painted the center with my dream painting. I am going to add resin and then some gold leafing.
After adding a third layer of resin the window reflects off the tables surface!

No comments:

Blog Archive