This is a place where I share my art and thoughts of the day!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Exciting news about the path my art is taking!

So this is my dream! Not too much different from Martin Luther Kings. I have this dream that art can unite the world through the children and women. Through those with means to those without, helping the oppressed to become powerful. 

I had a Dream
 My idea started forming about a year and a half ago and is as follows. After taking Flora Bowley's class I decided it would be really neat to teach others how to make marks and do under paintings. The I would do the over paintings. Then sell the work and give a portion of the profit to the under painters to use towards their future educations.
left side of canvas

Bottom of Canvas
 Now this week while taking  The "LIFE BOOK CLASS", I met Shiloh, she's an amazing woman with a vision and her idea is to bring art to other cultures as a way fro each individual to find their own personal symbols and language as a means of expression and self  empowerment.
   So I decided to incorporate this into my idea as well, since I have always wanted to change the world for the good through art, God has finally given me a niche. Not only will I allow my own paintings to be a part of this process but I would also love to see others paintings be a start and finish to this process eventually as well.
Right side of Canvas

Top of Canvas
 This particular painting was under painted by Aarika Foose and over painted by me. So it's now finished and ready to be purchase, I used acrylic paints nifty tools for mark making as did Aarika. Then I molding paste for more textures, painted over that.  and viola. I had a dream about the central center shape and painted my people around that. I plan to do a series of these. This is a large piece available for purchase.
center of canvas
 All of my canvases are sealed in gel medium and then with Dorland's wax.
upper left of canvas

Mid left of canvas

Bottom left of canvas

Bottom right of canvas

Add caption

Age 7

Age ten

Age ten

the three artists!

Boys viewing the art
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           These little girls were my lovely under painters for
this past weekend.





They did such a wonderfully varied job!


All of their under painting inspire me to create!

1 comment:

Laurene Allen said...

This is an exciting, creative painting that strangely enough reminded me at once of my daughter's creative process (if it could be visualized)!!! She is a choreographer and founder of Luminarium Dance Company in Boston, a nonprofit organization that dedicates time and money to underprivileged girls in the Boston area. She is quiet but makes a difference in many lives every day.

Blog Archive