Noah! Can't wait to see that movie!
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Friday, March 14, 2014
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Thursday, March 6, 2014
|me and my lion|
|not me, not my lion|
2. I won the bubble gum blowing contest in kindergarten(the prize was a box of Bazooka Joe chewing gum).
|me at five years old|
|me feeding the pigeons in Roma|
5. I served one term in the USAF( so that I could pay off my college loans)
|me in Italy right after my bad experience, thank God for my sweet Italian friends!|
7. My first born child was conceived through fertility drugs.
|when I was not able to get pregnant I did daycare and this was my first child, her mother died from cancer three days after she was born,her name was Karen and I adored her. Wherever you are Karen I still love you!|
9. The two houses I have lived in as a married women were both built by builders we hired. I have never owned an older home.
10. After we sold our first house the man who bought it shot his wife in the head in the bedroom I used to sleep in. Very haunting.
11. After we moved when I was in Junior High School the room I stayed in the girl who stayed there next hung herself.
12. I was attacked by a Baboon once when I was living in Italy.
13. I won an award at the end of High School for being the most improved outstanding student.
|my three sons in 2004|
|me at age 18|
16. I am a born again Christian since 1970.
17.Therefore I believe the entire bible is God breathed and God inspired.
18. I am still a sinner.
|my dad when he was eight|
20. My baby brother died suddenly was he was only 28 years old from a heart attack 16 years ago. Miss you Drew!
21. I am blessed enough to still have both of my parents at more than a half century old myself.
22.I believe there are two kinds of people in the world hunters and gatherers. I am a gatherer. I love to collect and half the fun is finding things I think are precious, turning them into art,then later giving them away to others. Sometimes if I am extra blessed I sell stuff.
23. The most I ever sold a piece of art for was $1500.00 dollars.
24. I once broke the entire wall in a bathtub simply by standing up when my buttocks hit the soap dish., and I was skinny then too!
25. I raised a squirrel as my pet in 1990 because his mama died and a cat tried to eat him, his name was: Baby Butch Burgess
|me and my pet squirrel|
27. I have been married for 25.5 years!
|me is Paris|
29. My great grandmother was the first women to go to the top of the sears tower, which was the worlds tallest building at that time in 1913.
30.. I once knocked myself out racing my friend Scott down the stairs at college to see Billy Graham! (well worth it) !
31. One of my uncles signed the Declaration of Independence.
32. I have had shingles two times, the second time I got it,(less than two years ago) I almost died from hemorrhaging to death from the antivirals the doctor prescribed to me.
|A painting that I sold of Frieda and Diego!|
|A small painting I sold titled White House but I wish I titled it Raptured Tree|
|A painting I sold called Swimming in the Gulf, painted right after the oil explosion on the gulf coast|
|another little painting I sold|
|a commissioned work|
34. I once had lunch with Norman Vincent Peale, who offered me a job at the Guidepost magazine.
35. I have wanted to be a missionary to Africa ever since I was a young girl.
36.. I still think I might get to be a missionary but even better to teach art as healing when I go! If God allows it.
|me three years ago|
38. I am related to the poet Robert Burns, the original writer of Old Lang Synge, and of Mice and Men.
39. When my first born was Christened it was the first time the church used oil to anoint. Now that son really loves the Lord. My second born however is an atheist.
|Christening of my second child|
|A painting I sold this year|
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
OK so I took a class with Carla S. She showed us a neat way to do animals with the gelli plate! I love how my owls came out! With the first one I simply added a penciled tree and leaves after the print and then painted the background gray. On the second monoprint I added a tree into the gelli plate and reprinted with a few additional colors. Then the moon too! The third one began to dry so I spritzed it with water and reprinted, it came out nice and blurry like with vivid colors. I added some gesso and additional sharpening paint, gave him some gold in his eyes! The last one was light but had really neat markings like filigree in the colors. On all of them for final touches I added liquid graphite and the tiniest bit of black ink. Gave the second one drooping eyelids! So even though they all originated from the same gelli print they also have their own personalities! Thanks Carla!
Monday, March 3, 2014
- ► 2016 (16)
- ► 2015 (26)
- ► December (8)
- ► June (12)
- ▼ March (9)
- ► February (7)
- ► December (20)
- ► September (10)
- ► October (8)
- ► September (10)
- ► July (7)
- ► March (14)
- ► 2011 (41)
- ► 2010 (59)
- ► October (10)
- ► June (11)
- ► March (8)
- ► November (10)
- ► October (19)
- ► September (16)